AQA Level 3 Extended Certificate in Applied Business
Why choose A level Business Studies?
The study of Applied Business allows students not only to learn the basic concepts and principles of Business success, but also to experience what it would be like to plan and run your own business with friends. You will also learn how to set up an E-Commerce enterprise and to run an event for charity.
As such it provides students with a wide range of practical skills and experience essential to running a wide range of businesses and to manage projects within them. These extra experiences will help you to stand out from the crowd when writing Personal Statements for University or writing your C.V. for jobs and apprenticeships in Business.
What will I study and learn?
You will be involved in setting up and running a business, planning and running an event and learn how to set up and run a business online. You will also cover theoretical topics cover topics such as:
- Finance: The role of finance in planning an enterprise, analysing and making financial decisions
- Resource Management: How business organisations use the human, physical and financial resources at their disposal to achieve their dynamic goals
- Enterprise (Setting up and running a business): The nature of enterprising behaviour and how this can be personally utilised to best exploit entrepreneurial opportunities within specific market conditions.
- Human Resources: How managers organise, motivate and lead employees through change to achieve business objectives
- Business Planning: The skills and processes required to develop, present and evaluate a business proposal
- E-commerce:The skills and processes required to develop an e-business proposal for a new business
- Event Management: The planning, coordination and management of a one-off event to support a business proposal
- Marketing: The development of a marketing communications mix for a business proposal and a schedule of marketing communications
Each unit is based on four key business themes: people, markets, finance and operational delivery, which ensure that the qualification has a synoptic approach to learning.
How is the course assessed?
The course is 1/3 exam and 2/3 coursework. Grades are awarded in a Distinction, Merit, Pass and Fail format.
|Unit Title||Assessment Type|
|1||Financial planning and analysis||External examination|
|2||Business dynamics||Internally centre assessed|
|3||Entrepreneurial opportunities (synoptic assessment unit)||External assignment|
|4||Managing and leading people||External examination|
|5||Developing a business proposal (synoptic assessment unit)||Internally centre assessed|
|6||e-Business implementation||Internally centre assessed|
|7||Managing an event||Internally centre assessed|
|8||Marketing communications||Internally centre assessed|
Will Universities recognise this qualification?
Yes. Over ten Universities, including The University of Liverpool, have helped develop and formally support the AQA Level 3 Certificate in Applied Business.
- Level: AQA Applied Level 3 Qualification
- Examination Board: AQA
- Subject Leader: Mrs L Fox-Ford
- Course Leader: Mrs L Fox-Ford
- Entry Requirements: GCSE grades A*-C in 5 subjects (to include English and Maths)
SIXTH FORM COURSES
A LEVELART AND DESIGN
ART AND DESIGN (FINE ART)
ART AND DESIGN (PHOTOGRAPHY)
SPORT (MIXED MARTIAL ARTS)
The headteacher provides strong leadership to the school. Newly appointed senior leaders have strengthened the school's capacity to improve outcomes for all pupils.
The leadership of teaching is good. The quality of teaching is improving quickly; professional development is a strong feature of the school.
Progress in modern foreign languages is outstanding.
Teachers build strong relationships with pupils to aid learning.
Learners in the sixth form achieve well and the provision is very well led and managed.
The school promotes pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development effectively.
Pupils have an excellent understanding of British values and the nature of life in modern Britain.
The school provides good care and support to pupils. It works effectively with other services to keep vulnerable pupils safe.
Pupils receive high-quality careers guidance and advice.