Sixth Form Contract
The sixth form is an important part of our whole school community.
We are committed to the practice of faith and believe strongly that each student has their own talents, abilities and potential.
We encourage our students to think highly of themselves and respect others. We set high standards in all that we do and expect the same of them; we know we will only succeed if we work together as a team.
We work closely together as a partnership in order for all of our students to achieve their potential and leave us as well rounded adults ready to start the next chapter of their lives.
As a school we will
- Treat all students with fairness and consistency offering support, guidance and care
- Provide all students with a safe learning environment
- Take pride in and celebrate successes and achievements
- Encourage our students to aim high
- Ensure that lessons and work set is appropriate, engaging and challenging
- Communicate with parents and keep them informed of progress.
We expect our sixth form students will
- Be ambitious and try their hardest to do their best
- Value and respect themselves and their fellow learners
- Respect our new school premises, furniture and equipment
- Take pride in all areas of study and work
- Attend school each day, be punctual and follow our dress code - white shirt, black tie, black or dark grey jumper or cardigan (optional), black trousers and dark leather shoes (not trainers). Sixth formers are also required to wear our branded sports kit during practical lessons and other programmes in the community.
We ask parents/guardians to
- Support the rules of our school which have been set for the benefit of all of our learners
- Provide a supportive home environment
- Encourage learners to be ambitious and take pride in their studies
- Respect and respond positively to verbal or written communications from the school
- Guarantee that your son/daughter attends school on required days and is punctual
- Work with us and contact us if issues or concerns arise.
Our school motto, 'Respect, Believe, Achieve,' runs through all that we do.
SIXTH FORM COURSES
A LEVELART AND DESIGN
ART AND DESIGN (FINE ART)
ART AND DESIGN (PHOTOGRAPHY)
SPORT (MIXED MARTIAL ARTS)
The headteacher provides strong leadership to the school. Newly appointed senior leaders have strengthened the school's capacity to improve outcomes for all pupils.
The leadership of teaching is good. The quality of teaching is improving quickly; professional development is a strong feature of the school.
Progress in modern foreign languages is outstanding.
Teachers build strong relationships with pupils to aid learning.
Learners in the sixth form achieve well and the provision is very well led and managed.
The school promotes pupils' spiritual, moral, social and cultural development effectively.
Pupils have an excellent understanding of British values and the nature of life in modern Britain.
The school provides good care and support to pupils. It works effectively with other services to keep vulnerable pupils safe.
Pupils receive high-quality careers guidance and advice.