As a school we firmly believe in the value and importance of school uniform and we assume that parents/ guardians wishing to send their son to Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School will support this by ensuring their son attends his lessons each day in the correct attire and with the necessary equipment for successful studies.
- Black blazer with school badge
- Plain white shirt
- Black sweater with school badge
- School tie in 'house' colour
- Black trousers of normal school type (dark jeans are not permitted)
- Sensible black school shoes (trainers must not be worn)
- Waterproof, outdoor coat
- Baseball caps and jewellery are not a part of our school uniform and are not to be worn to school and we take a dim view of extreme haircuts.
Compulsory PE Kit
- School football shirt
- School football shorts
- School football socks
- House t-shirt
- A pair of training shoes and football boots are essential items as well.
Please note that the PE kit for Year 7 is now only available from Lisa's Schoolwear (see details below). It has been designed for us by Puma and is in the school colours of black, red and yellow.
The following are our preferred uniform suppliers:
Lisa's Schoolwear - 275 East Prescot Road, Knotty Ash, 0151 259 8277.
West Derby School Wear - 139 – 241 Eaton Road, West Derby.
We would encourage parents to use these outlets as they are established companies who provide good quality and hard-wearing items. A proportion of the profits from uniform sales also comes into school and therefore benefits our pupils.
If your son is to gain the maximum benefit from his time with us, it is his responsibility to come to school properly equipped to learn.
- Stationary – a pen (plus a spare), pencil and ruler.
- A basic mathematics set
- A simple scientific calculator
- A USB pen
- A dictionary for use in English lessons.
We would strongly recommend that all items of your son's clothing are marked with his name.
We would also suggest that you do not send your son to school in any expensive outdoor coats or designer sportswear as the school is not insured for lost, stolen or damages to personal property on the premises.
Likewise items such as iPods, iPads, games consoles and mobile phones are not to be brought to school.
“Everything that breathes, praise the Lord!”
Subject which uses this term: Biology
Meaning: A lack or shortage of something.
For example: "The blood test revealed she had a deficiency in vitamin C."
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
2017-18 Options Booklet
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines