The Pupil Premium is allocated by the Department for Education as additional funding to help disadvantaged pupils to achieve their full potential. Individual schools can then decide how best to spend this money to tackle the underlying inequalities between children eligible for Free School Meals and their peers.
Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School has been allocated £425,810 for the financial year 2015/16 (these funds are in addition to the main school budget).
To raise the attainment of those pupils who are eligible for the Pupil Premium, thus narrowing the gap in achievement with those who are not.
What we expect to achieve
Through strategic, targeted additional support our disadvantaged pupils will be able to:
- Improve their level of attainment and progress
- Narrow the gap relative to school averages
- Access fully the whole school curriculum
- Access extra-curricular activities to boost performance.
How we use our Pupil Premium allocation
During 2014/15 we used the funding for:
- Peripatetic instrument lessons
- Additional English teacher to create smaller class sizes
- Additional maths teacher to create smaller class sizes
- 1-2-1 Maths intervention
- Literacy co-ordinator
- Progress leaders for vulnerable students
- Educational trips and visits
- Foundation Learning provision
- College placements in Key Stage 4
- Alternative provision Key Stage 4
- 2 additional teaching assistants
- Gifted and Talented provision
- School-based counsellor support
- Revision classes (pizza nights etc.)
- Inclusion officer (External)
- Free breakfast club.
- Careers (Internal)
- Careers (External)
Please click the links below to view how we used pupil premium funds in 2013/14 and our policies. The 2014 policy contains information as to how the school proposes to spend these funds for the school year 2015/16.
Total number of pupils on roll and eligible for Pupil Premium 2014-15
|Year||Number of Pupils||Number of Pupil Premium pupils (PP)||% PP||Number of CLA|
Through our intervention strategies and close monitoring of pupils, we believe we will see the impact of our Pupil Premium allocation. We measure progress of pupils and their levels of achievement and demonstrate how they have made three levels of progress from key stage 2 to key stage 4.
Through comparing their achievement with that of their peers we will narrow the gap. Monitoring of this process is on-going and will be formally evaluated at the end of the academic year.
If you have any questions about Pupil Premium spending at Cardinal Heenan please do not hesitate to contact us.
“Praise the Lord because he is good. His faithful love will last forever.”
Subject which uses this term: Science, Geography
Meaning: An epidemic that sweeps across continents or the whole world.
For example: "Scientists are working hard to ensure the world does not see another viral pandemic."
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
2017-18 Options Booklet
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines