We are a Catholic school and our faith permeates our daily life. Time is given for reflection in collective worship and pupils have ready access to the school chaplaincy.
Students and staff are active in charity work with the local community and beyond.
We judge our pupils' spiritual, moral and cultural development to be good.
- Strong Catholic ethos of school
- Students reflective about their own beliefs
- Students exhibit imagination and creativity in their learning
- Students exhibit curiosity about self and others
- Students recognise difference between right and wrong
- Students understand the consequences of actions
- Students exhibit preparedness to explore moral and ethical issues
- Students can understand and appreciate viewpoints of others
- Students participate in a variety of communities and extra-curricular activities
- Students show respect and tolerance for others
- Students explore their own cultural background
- Students are aware of living in a diverse cultured country
- Students participate in and respond to a variety of artistic, sporting and cultural activities
- Participation in collective worship, assemblies, retreat programmes, Sixth Form away days and enrichment
- Engagement in PSHE programme
- SMSC issues explored in departments' SOWs and evidence from same
- Student participation in extra-curricular clubs and groupings
- Students' trips to other countries and links established with foreign schools
- Students' participation in work experience, in feeder primaries, with local charities
- Students' participation in assorted theme days celebrating difference and diversity
- Students' involvement in School Council
- Students' engagement in variety of IAG opportunities
- External feedback re students' behaviour
- Youth Club feedback/Safer Schools Officer feedback
- Feedback from school's transition programme
Objectives for Improvement
- To significantly increase the profile of Citizenship in PSHE and map how it can best be covered in other curriculum areas
- To devise a programme for the delivery of same
- To review current local and international links with a view to extending same
- To increase participation in variety of extra-curricular activities promoting SMSC development
“Praise the Lord because he is good. His faithful love will last forever.”
Subject which uses this term: Science, Geography
Meaning: An epidemic that sweeps across continents or the whole world.
For example: "Scientists are working hard to ensure the world does not see another viral pandemic."
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
2017-18 Options Booklet
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines