All schools are required to complete a self-evaluation form which sets out how the school assesses its performance in a number of key areas which have been defined by Ofsted.
Throughout this section of our website we have picked out some of the highlights and also listed the actions we will be taking this academic year to maintain and improve our performance.
Overall, we consider Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School to be a good school with the ability to become outstanding:
- Highly qualified staff with good morale: "Staff morale is extremely good. The majority of staff…feel valued." (Investors in People 2012)
- Pupil learning across all three key stages is good. Pupils are well prepared for the next stage in their education, training or employment
- Behaviour in class and around the school is good: "…Students behaved well in lessons. They displayed good attitudes to learning and engaged well." (Ofsted Science Inspection 2012)
- Pupil attendance is 93.18% (with the intention of raising this to 95% in 2013-14)
- High quality of sporting achievements
- Awarded Liverpool Healthy School of the Year in 2013
“Praise the Lord because he is good. His faithful love will last forever.”
Subject which uses this term: English Literature; Drama; History; Politics
Meaning: cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous.
For example: ‘Mrs Lyons is Machiavellian. She manipulates Mrs Johnstone into giving up her baby. She uses Mrs Johnstone’s superstitious nature to ensure she gets what she wants.’
MRS. LYONS: You do know what they say about twins, secretly parted, don’t you?
MRS. JOHNSTONE: What? What?
MRS. LYONS: They say…they say that if either twin learns that he once was a pair, that they shall both immediately die. It means, Mrs. Johnstone, that these brothers shall grow up, unaware of the other’s existence. They shall be raised apart and never, ever told what was once the truth. You won’t tell anyone about this, Mrs. Johnstone, because if you do, you will kill them."
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
2017-18 Options Booklet
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines