All schools are required to complete a self-evaluation form which sets out how the school assesses its performance in a number of key areas which have been defined by Ofsted.
Throughout this section of our website we have picked out some of the highlights and also listed the actions we will be taking this academic year to maintain and improve our performance.
Overall, we consider Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School to be a good school with the ability to become outstanding:
- Highly qualified staff with good morale: "Staff morale is extremely good. The majority of staff…feel valued." (Investors in People 2012)
- Pupil learning across all three key stages is good. Pupils are well prepared for the next stage in their education, training or employment
- Behaviour in class and around the school is good: "…Students behaved well in lessons. They displayed good attitudes to learning and engaged well." (Ofsted Science Inspection 2012)
- Pupil attendance is 93.18% (with the intention of raising this to 95% in 2013-14)
- High quality of sporting achievements
- Awarded Liverpool Healthy School of the Year in 2013
“I leave you peace. It is my own peace I give you. I give you peace in a different way than the world does. So don’t be troubled. Don’t be afraid.”
Hermetically (adverb) - (6th - 10th February 2017)
Subject which uses this term: Food Technology
Meaning: To be airtight.
For example: "The container was hermetically sealed to preserve the ingredients."
Week 15 - Joy
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines