An Ofsted inspector visited our school in February 2014 to check our progress in addressing the issues raised during the full inspection. Her findings were very encouraging and a copy of that monitoring report can be found here:
Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School was inspected by Ofsted in November 2013, overall the school was found to be require improvement (this was until recently known as 'satisfactory').
Headteacher Ms Smyth said: "While the school is obviously disappointed we are in no way dwelling upon that. We know what we have to do and staff have already responded very positively to the challenge."
At the same time, it is worth pointing out a few features of the report in order to place it in the wider context of the school:
- Attainment is rising across a range of subjects, including English and science
- Most students make the progress expected of them
- The quality of teaching is improving securely
- Students behave well and feel very safe
- The quality of care, guidance and support for students is of high quality
- The sixth form is good. Students achieve well and enjoy the sixth form
- The acting Headteacher provides the school with strong and purposeful leadership. Leaders know what they need to do to improve.
Ms Smyth went on to say: "The leadership team and the governors of the school have already begun the work that needs to take place quickly to demonstrate our determination to drive any changes and improvements which are required. We have made changes to our leadership in Maths and have employed new staff in this subject, and these changes have already had a very positive impact in terms of teaching and learning, schemes of work and the ways in which targets are set for pupils.”
“Praise the Lord because he is good. His faithful love will last forever.”
Subject which uses this term: Science, Geography
Meaning: An epidemic that sweeps across continents or the whole world.
For example: "Scientists are working hard to ensure the world does not see another viral pandemic."
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
2017-18 Options Booklet
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines