We work closely with a number of public bodies, organisations and partners day in, day out for the benefit of our learners:
- The Youth Sport Trust is a registered charity, established in 1994. Our mission is to build a brighter future for young people by enhancing the quality of their physical education (PE) and sporting opportunities
- The National Healthy Schools Programme is an exciting long term initiative that helps young people and their schools to be healthy. We are making a difference to the health and achievement of young people in thousands of schools across England
- Investors in People provide straightforward, proven frameworks for delivering business improvement through people
- The Specialist Schools and Academies Trust (SSAT) seeks to give more young people access to a good secondary education by building networks, sharing practice and supporting schools. The SSAT’s way of working is based on the principle ‘by schools for schools’
- Sport England is a non-departmental public body and National Lottery distributor. We are committed to creating a world leading community sports development system and increasing participation in sport
- University of Liverpool is the local Russell Group institution
- Liverpool John Moores University a popular local university
- University Degrees in the Football and Sports Business Industries (UCFB) is an innovative organisation which we have links with in London and Burnley
- Liverpool City Council is our local education authority and we work closely with may departments and teams there
- Archdiocese of Liverpool we work with the education department to ensure our students receive the best Catholic education.
“Praise the Lord because he is good. His faithful love will last forever.”
Subject which uses this term: English Literature; Drama; History; Politics
Meaning: cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous.
For example: ‘Mrs Lyons is Machiavellian. She manipulates Mrs Johnstone into giving up her baby. She uses Mrs Johnstone’s superstitious nature to ensure she gets what she wants.’
MRS. LYONS: You do know what they say about twins, secretly parted, don’t you?
MRS. JOHNSTONE: What? What?
MRS. LYONS: They say…they say that if either twin learns that he once was a pair, that they shall both immediately die. It means, Mrs. Johnstone, that these brothers shall grow up, unaware of the other’s existence. They shall be raised apart and never, ever told what was once the truth. You won’t tell anyone about this, Mrs. Johnstone, because if you do, you will kill them."
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
2017-18 Options Booklet
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines