Inspired by the person of Jesus Christ and the witness of John Carmel Heenan we, the community of Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School, strive to live out our God-given vocation: to respect ourselves, others and the world around us, that we may achieve our full potential.
We aim to live out this statement, guided by the Holy Spirit, through:
- Being a welcoming and inclusive community that demonstrates the love of God to all we meet, through our words and actions
- Collective Worship, assemblies, curriculum, policies and a daily life that reflects the Gospel values
- Building relationships with each other based on the teaching of Christ found in St Luke’s Gospel; "Do to others as you would have them do to you”
- Striving to be good citizens by taking on responsibility for others, locally, nationally and internationally in order to serve the Common Good
- Nurturing our God-given gifts and talents in every aspect of school life
- Caring for the environment we are privileged to live in
Our school motto is Respect, Believe, Achieve.
“Praise the Lord because he is good. His faithful love will last forever.”
Subject which uses this term: English Literature; Drama; History; Politics
Meaning: cunning, scheming, and unscrupulous.
For example: ‘Mrs Lyons is Machiavellian. She manipulates Mrs Johnstone into giving up her baby. She uses Mrs Johnstone’s superstitious nature to ensure she gets what she wants.’
MRS. LYONS: You do know what they say about twins, secretly parted, don’t you?
MRS. JOHNSTONE: What? What?
MRS. LYONS: They say…they say that if either twin learns that he once was a pair, that they shall both immediately die. It means, Mrs. Johnstone, that these brothers shall grow up, unaware of the other’s existence. They shall be raised apart and never, ever told what was once the truth. You won’t tell anyone about this, Mrs. Johnstone, because if you do, you will kill them."
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
2017-18 Options Booklet
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines