Inspired by the person of Jesus Christ and the witness of John Carmel Heenan we, the community of Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School, strive to live out our God-given vocation: to respect ourselves, others and the world around us, that we may achieve our full potential.
We aim to live out this statement, guided by the Holy Spirit, through:
- Being a welcoming and inclusive community that demonstrates the love of God to all we meet, through our words and actions
- Collective Worship, assemblies, curriculum, policies and a daily life that reflects the Gospel values
- Building relationships with each other based on the teaching of Christ found in St Luke’s Gospel; "Do to others as you would have them do to you”
- Striving to be good citizens by taking on responsibility for others, locally, nationally and internationally in order to serve the Common Good
- Nurturing our God-given gifts and talents in every aspect of school life
- Caring for the environment we are privileged to live in
Our school motto is Respect, Believe, Achieve.
“I leave you peace. It is my own peace I give you. I give you peace in a different way than the world does. So don’t be troubled. Don’t be afraid.”
Hermetically (adverb) - (6th - 10th February 2017)
Subject which uses this term: Food Technology
Meaning: To be airtight.
For example: "The container was hermetically sealed to preserve the ingredients."
Week 15 - Joy
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines