FA Football Futures Programme
This information has been provided by Liverpool FA
This innovative local programme aims to recruit, retain, develop, reward and provide a progressive pathway for young leaders in order to develop a skilled football workforce.
It offers a wide range of benefits and opportunities for young volunteer. Young leaders are able to gain experience in volunteering across six themes with something to suit everyone whether your interest lies in being out on the field as a coach, a referee or behind the scenes.
Who is the programme for?
Anyone aged 14-21 years old who is interested in becoming involved in leadership and volunteering through football. It will provide you with excellent opportunities to enhance your leadership skills, make new friends, gain recognised qualifications and volunteer with Liverpool FA and our partners.
How do I get involved?
What kind of things can I do?
- Coaching and working with teams: You could help coach and/or manage a football team in your school, college or university or an FA charter standard club. You could also volunteer on our FA club links programme or any of our disability football programmes. The FA coach scholarship programme is designed to support the best young coaches in the country through mentoring support and a bursary to support you with gaining FA qualifications in order to develop as a coach.
- Refereeing: As long as it's on a voluntary basis you can referee games at a club, for your school, college or university or in our 'ability counts' league. You can referee mini soccer games in festivals and if you decide to take it further, you can complete your Basic Refereeing Qualification and progress to refereeing 11 a side football. Liverpool FA provide regular opportunities for you to train as a referee and many of our current young leaders who themselves are qualified referees are always on hand to offer advice and guidance on the best way to get started.
- Running events: You could assist with the organisation, co-ordination and delivery of mini soccer festivals, club tournaments, fundraising events, school, college or university futsal events or disability festivals. Liverpool FA can provide a range of volunteer opportunities for our young leaders to get involved in running and supporting football events.
- Running and developing the game: We have volunteer placements available within FA charter standard leagues for those whose interests may lie within organisation or administration. This can involve supporting the fixtures secretary, taking minutes at committee meetings or writing development plans to increase participation.
- Promoting the game: You could help with the development of your clubs website, social networking groups - keeping everything and everyone up to date! You could gain voluntary hours by writing match reports, press releases, website or newsletter articles or taking photographs. Liverpool FA can provide opportunities within the Football Futures Programme to get involved in filmmaking and editing, writing and photography under the supervision of one of our ambassadors.
- RESPECT ambassador: This role could involve supporting football events in making sure all teams understand competition rules and regulations, helping develop a code of conduct and ensuring players/coaches/spectators sign up and adhere to it, promote the Respect Campaign within your school.
What are the benefits to the programme?
Through Football Futures, you will gain valuable experience and develop skills that can be transferrable to all walks of life. Leaders in the programme will be offered support to gain football related qualifications such as the Level 1 in Coaching Football or refereeing qualifications. Young Leaders can track their volunteer hours and get rewarded through their Liverpool FA, ISFA and British Colleges Sport Football Development programme.
- Recognition of your voluntary work on Liverpool FA website and newsletter
- FA certificates rewarded for your voluntary hours
- The chance to enhance your leadership skills and gain new knowledge and experience
- The chance to earn free Umbro kit and equipment plus discounts on coach education courses
- Climb the leadership pathway - become part of our Leadership Academy and Management Team
- The chance to represent us at National FA events
- Annual Awards Programme.
What is the cost?
Nothing! It's totally free!
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
"Dishonorable proceedings; mean dishonesty or trickery."
Mary, Mother of God
"Mary answered, 'I am the Lord's servant. Let everything you've said happen to me.' Then the angel left her."
2017-18 OPTIONS BOOKLET
YEAR 7 PROSPECTUS
YEAR 7 PARENTS' HANDBOOK
SIXTH FORM PROSPECTUS
SIXTH FORM OUTLINES