Year 8s go to University
All of our Year 8 students recently spent a day at the University of Liverpool.
The three visits were arranged by our careers team in conjunction with the educational opportunities team at the university.
The boys had a campus tour, took part in an interactive science lecture and had a discussion about future study options with groups of graduates and student advocates.
At the end of each day they were asked to fill in a short questionnaire which showed that 94% of our boys agreed or strongly agreed that the day was useful, 99% thought it was interesting and 98% thought it was fun.
97% of students said they learnt more about university, 80% said they are more likely to go to university now and 82% feel more motivated in their studies!
Here are some of the comments from our boys:
- "I have had a good time and I would like to come to university"
- "It was really good fun and has made me think twice about the subjects I want to pick"
- "It was good to see what university was like and it was fun"
- "It was amazing and I would love to be a student at this university"
- "It was fun and it has also helped me to make some decisions for the future, thanks."
The sessions were arranged to give the boys with the motivation to aim high whilst offering an insight into student life at a local Russell Group university.
“Everything that breathes, praise the Lord!”
Subject which uses this term: Biology
Meaning: A lack or shortage of something.
For example: "The blood test revealed she had a deficiency in vitamin C."
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
2017-18 Options Booklet
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines