Cardinal Heenan Catholic High School is a Catholic School under the trusteeship of the Archdiocese of Liverpool. It is maintained by Liverpool City Council. As a Voluntary Aided School, the Governing Body is the Admissions Authority and is responsible for taking decisions on applications for admissions. The co-ordination of admissions arrangements is undertaken by the Local Authority.
Our published admission number (PAN) is 240 pupils each year. In the event of receiving more applications than available places the oversubscription criteria will be used.
Admissions 2017/18 for a Year 7 place
The closing date for 2017/18 admissions has now passed. If you do wish to make a late application, then please click here:
You can read the Admissions Policy for 2017/18 entry here:
You should complete our supplementary application form (below) and return this directly to the school:
You can find more general information about the process for Secondary School admissions from the council of the authority where you are resident:
Key Dates for 2017 Entry
- 19 September 2016 - Open Evening for Year 6 pupils and parents
- 31 October 2016 - deadline for Year 6 applications
- 1 March 2017 - all allocations announced on National Offer Day
- May/ June/ July - appeals held (further details available in due course)
- 5 July 2016 - induction day for all Year 6 pupils starting with us in September.
In-year admissions 2016/17
For applications during 2016/17, please check our Admissions policy below:
If you are hoping to move your child from one secondary school to another within Liverpool please contact your child's existing school to instigate an in year transfer. They will use the following procedure:
- Is it another Liverpool school? Applications to transfer schools within the local authority area must now be lodged with the school your son currently attends. You will be asked to sign the In Year Transfer request.
- Is it a Knowsley/Sefton school? You need to approach the council’s Admissions team and they will advise you how to proceed.
If your child is new to the city and you'd like them to transfer from a school in another authority to a school in Liverpool, please apply online using the link below:
More information can be found here via Liverpool City Council's website:
The Archdiocese has some information about appeals on their website which you may find useful:
Please read our policy here:
Consultation on Admissions Policies
There are no current consultations underway about our Admissions policy.
Sixth form admissions are dealt with by the school; please visit the relevant section of this website for further details and forms.
“Everything that breathes, praise the Lord!”
Stakeholder (noun) - (27th - 31st March 2017)
Subject which uses this term: Business Studies
Meaning: A person with an interest or concern in something, especially a business.
For example: "An example of a stakeholder is a person who has invested in a business and who will be impacted by whether the business is profitable or not."
Week 15 - Joy
"Don't be afraid! I am here with good news for you, which will bring great joy to all the people."
2017-18 Options Booklet
Year 7 Prospectus
Year 7 Parents' Handbook
Sixth Form Prospectus
Sixth Form Outlines